Drewett Works // Architecture. Purveyors of abstract thought. The team at Drewett Works relishes creating art for living and resolving complex challenges with captivating design. Whether a challenge takes the form of a complex hillside lot, capturing marquee views, or the surprises found within a renovation project’s walls, the DW design team purveys abstract thoughts into creative, innovative, and beautiful architectural solutions.
Founded in 2001 by C.P. Drewett, AIA, NCARB, this award-winning and frequently published architecture firm is located along the waterfront in the Southbridge District of historic downtown Scottsdale. Drewett Works specializes in luxury residential and boutique commercial spaces.
What We Do Best
- Creating architecture that speaks to the colors, textures, and views of the surrounding built and natural environment
- Cultivating a shared vision between architect and client
- Listening to a clients’ needs and discovering their affinities
- Satisfying and surpassing expectations with beautiful solutions that make everyday living more aesthetically pleasing
- Utilizing hand-drawn renderings and computer modeling to present design concepts in an engaging and frame-worthy presentation
- Navigating the design review process in even the most demanding communities
- Expediently moving projects from dreams to reality
- Bringing problem-solving to the field, supporting the builder, project, and client through completion
Project #1: Desert Modern for the Magnificent Collection, Estancia, Scottsdale, AZ
The primary views from the site were southwest. Protecting the interior spaces from the southwest sun while making the primary views available was certainly the greatest challenge. The views were very calculated and carefully managed. Due to a restricted project budget, the core of the material palette is utilitarian including exposed masonry and locally quarried Canterra Stone. An organic nature was added to the project through millwork selections. Winner: 2014 Gold Nugget Award of Merit.
Project #2: Modern Elegance at Pinnacle Peak, Estancia, Scottsdale, AZ
The primary goal for this project was to craft a modernist derivation on pueblo architecture. Set into a heavily laden boulder hillside, the design also reflects the nature of the stacked boulder formations. The site, located near local landmark Pinnacle Peak, offered breathtaking views which were largely upward, making proximity an issue. The views are maximized with careful orientation, and exacting overhangs, and wing wall locations. The elegant material palette and siting allow for great harmony with the native desert. Winner: 2015 Gold Nugget Grand Award, 2015 Silver Award – The Nationals.
Project #3: Silverleaf Ranch Hacienda, Scottsdale, AZ
This Ranch Hacienda hillside estate boasts well over 13,000 square feet under roof. A loggia serves as the backbone for the design. The exterior materials and detailing are rustic and simple in nature. The mass and scale create drama and correspond to the vast desert skyline and adjacent majestic McDowell mountain views. Features of the house include a motor court with dual garages, a separate guest quarters, and a walk-in cooler. Expressing the essence of a hacienda, this house whispers communal courtyard spaces and quiet luxury.